August 24, 2006

Dance Lessons- Take One

Ryen was excited about her first dance lesson all day! She couldn't wait to meet her new friends and get her groove on. When we got to the dance studio, I wanted to take our camera in, but I didn't know if that was too goofy or what. I decided to just do it. I started taking pictures and all of a sudden, every single other mom broke out a camera and starting taking pictures too- unleashing a parental paparazzi like you have never seen! It was so funny. Most of the other little girls were shy and some even cried when their moms left. Not Ryen. She marched right up to the other children and starting hugging them and chatting away. Parents aren't allowed to stay and watch so I left, but when I came back to pick Ryen up, her teacher pulled me aside. "Ryen had a really hard time not talking," she told me. Yikes. I guess Ryen was chattering away the entire time and had a hard time chilling out and just listening to her teacher. Her instructor kindly asked me to work on that at home. Funny how we spend the first half of our children's lives teaching them to talk and the second teaching them not to. All in all, she had an enormously fun time and made tons of new friends. Now we'll have to see if she can learn some actual... you know... dance.




1 comment:

Caity said...

She looks sooooooooooooooooooo cute!