September 16, 2006

A Beautiful Mind

Throughout the day, several of Ryen's toys make the pilgrimage from her play room to the family room. At the end of the day, we read scriptures together, say our family prayer, and then help Ry take all of her little treasures back to their home. Tonight, as Ryen was coralling a beach ball, she slid into one of our wooden chairs... face first. I was going to yell, "Saaaafe!" to help her laugh it off, but it was instantly obvious that there would be no distracting her this time. A trip isn't a trip without a souvenir- and let me tell you, she got one to be reckoned with! She is sporting an exact replica of Mt. Everest on the left side of her forehead. When I was tucking her into bed tonight, I asked her where it hurt so I could give her a kiss. With all of the drama she could muster (and let me tell you- she can muster A LOT) she replied, "Can't you see? I hurt my mind!!!"

No comments: