July 9, 2007

My Baby Is Two


It seems impossible, doesn't it? My little baby girl, my Maddiecake, is two years old today. Is it just me, or does time speed up wickedly fast the older you get? I have the same feelings about Madelyn as I do about Ryen as I see them age and grow. I am so excited about the beautiful people I see them becoming, but so sad to see them leave their younger ages and stages behind. For some reason, Madelyn just seems so much younger to me than Ryen was at her age. I still catch myself looking at my little Maddie as if she is a baby- hardly able to sit up on her own. It is amazing the level of denial we moms can achieve when it comes to our growing children! I am constantly surrounded by evidence that Madelyn is most certainly a card-holding member of The Terrible Two Society. From giving herself baths in the toilet to EATING my wedding ring, I don't know how I have fooled myself for so long! But oh!- the love she fills my heart with! When she climbs into my lap and rests her head on my shoulder there is instantly no laundry, no stress, no things to do or errands to run. The rest of the world fades into the distance and seems sprinkled with sugar and wrapped in rainbows. Oh the spell these daughters of mine cast on me! I can't rightfully be angry at time when it has been so very good to me. It has transformed my baby girl into a child- full of life and warmth and charm. I am so proud of the person Madelyn is becoming. Happy birthday, sweet Maddie Moo!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy happy birthday, Maddie! Wow I can't believe you are the same age as Benson. I swear you were just born! Eat lots of cake, girlie. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Maddie- I wish I was with you to celbrate your birthday. Have a fun one.

Love ya,
Sandi

Caity said...

Ahhhh, she is soooo darn cute and so sweet! Happy Birthday Maddie! We can't wait to see you!