Ryen hates to get anything above her shoulders wet. That strong little preference has made bath times a disaster around here for the past four years- let me tell you! I decided to get creative and so I bought her swimming goggles, hoping they would help her get used to putting her face in the water. Success! She loves them! She calls them her "gobbles" and wears them everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. Let me just say, we have gotten some VERY strange looks at the grocery store. Man, does she look silly! I know that most people would never allow their child to wear goggles in public, but she loves them so much and feels so confident about them. Since she is so young and her freedom with things like this isn't hurting anyone, I feel it's important to support her. It's a beautiful thing to watch Ryen's sense of self and her confidence soar as a direct result. Maybe I should get myself some gobbles.
August 30, 2007
The Gobbles
Ryen hates to get anything above her shoulders wet. That strong little preference has made bath times a disaster around here for the past four years- let me tell you! I decided to get creative and so I bought her swimming goggles, hoping they would help her get used to putting her face in the water. Success! She loves them! She calls them her "gobbles" and wears them everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. Let me just say, we have gotten some VERY strange looks at the grocery store. Man, does she look silly! I know that most people would never allow their child to wear goggles in public, but she loves them so much and feels so confident about them. Since she is so young and her freedom with things like this isn't hurting anyone, I feel it's important to support her. It's a beautiful thing to watch Ryen's sense of self and her confidence soar as a direct result. Maybe I should get myself some gobbles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Are gobbles the secret to success? B/c if they bring instant confidence, bring them on!
I might try this with Helena. She seems to be really afraid of water getting in her face or being splashed over her head.
Also, those pictures cracked me up! Thanks for the belly laughs!
Too funny! GO Ryen! Your a good mom.
Ryen is so funny! I love that she has total confidence! You are a good mom.
That is awesome! I can't wait until Benson wants to wear his superman cape and rain boots every day. I think it is the coolest thing when kids have some independent thinking and are encouraged by their parents. Good job Hastings.
oh i love her.
Post a Comment