
Madelyn is totally, utterly, and completely IN LOVE with Pippi Longstocking. It started with the movie and has evolved into a full-blown OBSESSION with all things Pippi. She constantly quotes the movie and asks to watch it at least 20 times every day. Whenever we pass a Wendy's, she starts clapping and screaming because all she sees is a red-haired girl with braids that stick out ...so it must be Pippi, right? The only way I can get her to not fight me when it's time to do her hair is to tell her that I'm doing it like Pippi's. I then proceed to style it in some similar fashion. As long as she can feel her hair bunched together on each side, she is satisfied. I keep thinking this infatuation will blow over, but it's been three months now and she sure isn't slowing down! Thank goodness Lauren Child (LOVE her!) is coming out with a newly illustrated Pippi book in October. That DVD (and this family!) may finally get a short vacation!


4 comments:
Okay, I'm a huge nerdy fan of Pippi Longstocking. Well, I love anything Swedish. But I especially like unnaturally red hair, horses living inside the house, and eating a "cooky" for any meal.
She should totally be Pippi for Halloween. How cute whould that be?! I don't know if I spelled Halloween right but nothing is looking especially correct at the moment.
How cute is she! I can still hear her "want Pippi mom!" But I agree with Carrie, she would be a SUPER cute Pippi!
That is hilarious! We actually have come to call Wendy's by the name of "Pippi's" because Payton started calling it that. I got Payton into Pippi Longstocking because I loved that movie when I was younger. I saw it at Walmart one day and couldn't resist! I'm happy to see that we are not the only pippi crazies out there.
Post a Comment