Last night we went to Ryen's kindergarten orientation. She was SO excited all day; just bursting at the seams to meet her new teacher and to see what her classroom would look like. Her teacher seemed really sweet ...and really young! Sonny and I both thought she would do a good job with our little Ry, but we both felt a bit nervous. All day school is so BIG. Will she be okay all by herself in that huge school? Will she be challenged enough in her classroom? Will she eat her lunch without me there to nag and bribe her? What if she gets hurt? What if someone is mean to her? What if she cries and there is no one there to hold her or say I love you? As much as I hate to admit it, I am utterly, totally, and completely one of "those" moms. I already miss my little girl.
August 21, 2008
One of THOSE Moms
Last night we went to Ryen's kindergarten orientation. She was SO excited all day; just bursting at the seams to meet her new teacher and to see what her classroom would look like. Her teacher seemed really sweet ...and really young! Sonny and I both thought she would do a good job with our little Ry, but we both felt a bit nervous. All day school is so BIG. Will she be okay all by herself in that huge school? Will she be challenged enough in her classroom? Will she eat her lunch without me there to nag and bribe her? What if she gets hurt? What if someone is mean to her? What if she cries and there is no one there to hold her or say I love you? As much as I hate to admit it, I am utterly, totally, and completely one of "those" moms. I already miss my little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Aw, Meg, just thinking about Em going to kindergarten just makes me want to cry! I don't blame you for being one of those moms. BUT...I bet Ry will be do an AMAZING job! That girl shines through anything!
That was me, but Joel loves you all too!
Yeah I was too stressed to send benson to 3 half days of preschool so I totally understand! Ryen is going to do great though and her teacher will absolutely fall in love with her. And I bet she'll even give her hugs when she gets hurt. Now you get the new and exciting roll of having a nice song playing and a yummy smell in the house so she is happy to be home and share about her day. I'm looking forward to that part.
I'm with you as being one of those Mom's. With each one as a matter of fact. It was always hard, but all a part of them growing up and gaining independence. I really didn't like the first few days tho. Not many uplifting words from me huh?! Sorry! haha
Awww! Those are the best kind of Moms!!!! Good luck Ryen, you will be great at school all day! We miss you already!
how exciting, but it is hard when they grow up so fast! super duper cute pics as always, and you look fabulous!!!
You are not alone in that department my girl! Now you are a member of that mom club...WELCOME!! I can't believe she is starting. All day is a big step but trust me....you will love it and she will too! Happy first day of school to ya Ryen!!
Post a Comment