March 17, 2009

Flea Market Finds


Thanks to a super kind family from church, Yours Truly and The Old Ball & Chain got an actual date last weekend. Since my birthday is rapidly approaching, Sonny let me choose where we went. I decided to go antiquing because 1.)I looooove old stuff and 2.)I wanted to find some little treasures to use as embellishments in my blog designs. My expectations weren't too high. I expected a shop or two with a few interesting things, but nothing I was really excited about. What I found was The Mother Ship. 2 massive flea markets + a ton of awesome antique shops = Megan Heaven. I could have pitched a tent in the midst of it all and lived out the remainder of my days in a state of dust-covered bliss. Instead, I took pictures of everything in sight and came home high on mothballs and the thrill of victory. Though I could have purchased enough random and utterly useless (but DIVINE!!!) items to fill a Uhaul, I walked away with only two things. One was this stroller in mint condition. (Usually, it bothers me when people sell newer things in antique venues, but snagging a $400 stroller for $15 softened my heart a little.) Just for fun, check out the photos above and guess what my other purchase was.

9 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! what great finds! And I love your new layout!

Jill Ison said...

awesome deal on the stroller! I tried to get chad to agree to that same stroller when i was prego with Lu but it was to no avail... apparently I'm not that convincing. Or I didn't find it for $15. thats amazing. i love antique stores. I wish we had more around here.

RACHEL said...

i am voting on the treasure box!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I love the little reindeer. I am seeing a great Christmas layout.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You can go shopping with me anytime, Megan. I can't believe that you scored the Paloma for only $15. Amazing!

Oh, and the redesigned blog you have here is just fantastic. Well worth all of the photos that you took!

-Francesca

Caity said...

Hmmm...that is tough! I am going to guess the owl. Just because I think it looks cool. What did you get?

Leanne said...

I love that I can live my fondness for junk thru you. We don't have awesome flea markets around here like that! One of these days I'm going to take a girlie trip to WI where they have quite a few little places with the best junk. I'll keep dreaming until then. In the mean time, I can't wait to see what you do with your junk finds in the scrapping sense. :)

Awesome new layout by the way. Totally awesome. I really mean it!

Sarah said...

Hi! I heart junk too! I think it's the treasure box. Your blog decor is beautiful and unique.

r.l.secor said...

Is it the treasure box?

I would have probably snagged the chandelier for my girls bedroom - but I don't remember how you have your girls rooms done up!?!

Fun Fun Fun!