September 2, 2009

A Daredevil & A Diva

Before school starts, we like to take our kids out to do something fun. It's sort of a final celebration to usher in the new school year. Last year we went on a little vacation. This year Ryen asked us to take her to a theme park called Michigan's Adventure. I volunteered Sonny to take her. :) What? I'm a chicken. Ryen, on the other hand, is a total and complete thrill seeker. The child is fearless. Roller coaster? Yes, please. Would you like to sit in this seat and drop several stories to your eminent death? Yes, please. How about this thing where we launch you into space? Yep. She has been that way since the day she was born. So...while Maddie and I were safely doing girly things (shopping, ice cream, manicures) like this:
Ryen was doing this:
Where does that girl get her courage??? I went to the same theme park when I was her age and didn't ride anything bigger than this:This girl is craaaaazy! :)

5 comments:

Adria said...

seriously? did she go on that huge one? i remember once at the state fair, lindsey was on that zipper ride where you are in a cage and in rocks back and forth while you go up and around, AND she screamed so loud for them to stop that they actually did stop! hilarious!

Anonymous said...

You are just a big chiken Meg...hehe Roller Coasters are the best thing in the world!!! I will take Ryen on one anyday. Someday we will have to go as a big family!!!

RACHEL said...

that is soooo awesome, i love roller coasters too! Go RYEN!!

Brian and Beth said...

Meggie, you were the cutest little girl! I heart the 80's summer jump suit!

Caity said...

That is why Ryen is Ryen. I don't think there are any other 6-year-olds out there who would ride that! Love it!