September 14, 2009

This is it.


Oh, yellow farmhouse. We've been through a lot together already. Several visits, thinking you were the one, thinking your floor plan just wouldn't suffice, thinking we'd look at other homes, not finding anything else that we liked as well as you, feeling drawn to you, feeling torn by your shortcomings, but loving the essence of you all along. Though you weren't our ideal, we felt drawn to you, like we belonged together. And so, yellow farmhouse, after everything we've been through, you should know that the floundering is over. We are buying you. The Hastings family is going to take good care of you. We'll paint your shutters and carpet your floors. We'll give you a bigger kitchen and plant fruit trees by your side. We'll do everything within the power of man to protect you from mice. Most importantly, we will fill your rooms with laughter and love and memories.

10 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Congrats! SSOO CUTE!!

RACHEL said...

yea! that is so exciting, congrats!

Carrie said...

Hoooraaaaay! Maybe all of our "are you sures?" really helped!

Can't wait to see it renovated.

Megan said...

Ha! When the roof caves in on us in our sleep, I am totally blaming you Carrie! :) Seriously, buying a house that is 119 years old is kind of intimidating. We just kept feeling like it was where we are meant to be, but then feeling torn because it's not our "dream house." In the end we decided to just find something to live in while Sonny gets his Masters and then all of a sudden it made more sense. We may still live there forever, but either way, we know we are supposed to be there. Wish us luck! :)

Tifani said...

K, so I just told Payton that this picture will be Ryen's new house and she almost starting crying because it's a farm house. "She is living on a farm?....oohhhhh!!! I can't believe it. No fair." Congratulations to you guys! Can't wait to see more, inside and out. So exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! I love it! I want to see the inside...please take me on a tour, right now!!!! Good luck with everything. I will help you with anything that I am capable!!!

Laura said...

What a beautiful farmhouse! I can't imagine any "short comings."

Brian and Beth said...

I really admire you Meg! You always follow your heart and it always leads you down a great path! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I hopped over from Laura's blog!! I have been following along with your house hunt(because I just love houses!) And just wanted to say that I LOVE your farmhouse! Congratulations!

Audrey

http://www.supernovafamily.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

So awesome, you lucky! Love it!

-Suz