May 28, 2007

Behold: The Power of Work

It's amazing how crazy life has been over the past few weeks! Computer crashes, a MASSIVE spring cleaning extravaganza of EPIC proportions, and a complete lawn OVERHAUL. I feel like I haven't seen my husband in so long that I can't remember what he looks like! He has had so much to do lately. I have kept myself (and the girls!) just as busy by going through our house like a mad woman, getting rid of anything not nailed down. It's been a lot of work, but man, does it feel good! I'm almost done getting rid of things and fine-tuning my newly organized and simplified life. I have to say- it feels SO great! I now have a system and a place for everything. I seriously would have never thought I was even capable of that! Loving it!!! After this week I'm moving on to painting the kitchen cupboards and our bedroom. Then, I'm going to remodel our master bathroom to make it more... masterish.

The outside of our house looks totally different. I have raked until my hands were covered in blisters and my back finally went numb from hurting so bad. No joke! But... to show for it... we have real, actual, landscaping! Not just dirt and grass and trees (and old leaves!) but actual gardens and sections and flowers and wood chips for Pete's sake! I can't help but wonder how different my life would be if I had been using my obsessive powers for good all along. Maybe I am part mule and just never knew it until now.

PS. I'll post before and after pics soon.
PPS. Sorry to everyone I haven't been in touch with lately! Between computer issues and working my katookus off, I have just been totally on my own planet. I'll catch up & I love you!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see it. Kudos to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caity said...

You are amazing Meg! Truly amazing. Inspiring even. I think I'll go clean something.