March 16, 2008

The Name Game


Sonny and I had a pretty sweet list of baby names... for a boy. However, for some reason, girl names are just not coming to us. Miss Ryen Olivia and Madelyn Soleil were easy peasy. So far the only name in the running for girlie #3 is Allyson- my middle name. (We're pretty sure we'll use Idalia for her middle name after Sonny's grandmother, Ida.) If ANYONE has ANY ideas we would love to hear them! And just to make things a little more interesting... if we choose the name you suggested, we'll send you a $20 gift certificate. :) Let the game begin!

19 comments:

Carrie said...

Don't interpret my silence to be a lack of caring. I don't have a clue what kind of names you would like. I like the names Ila and Wren but they don't seem particularly you. I'll keep thinking and get back to you. Good luck. We had so much trouble naming Banks.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you all of my good names...then I can't use them..haha...we are gonna have a lot of kids so I might need them all...haha...unless we have all boys. Although some I really love that I can't use are Adison, isabelle, baleigh...hmmmm...maybe I will look a ton up online today and get back to you! Sorry I hope that wasn't rude....I didn't mean to be....I have just told my names I like before and it sure did get used...:( I love you!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I LOVE the idea of incorporating grandma's name like that! So cool! Hmmmm. Names, names, names. I do like Allyson! Boy names are much easier for me. Some other girl names that I've heard that I thought were cute: Taeler, Abby, Rylee, Sophie, Kenadie, Macy, Dale oh and I LOVE Ellie (or just Elle), but I can't use it because my name is Kelly. Just wouldn't work. Of course I've got a few I have to keep to myself...who doesn't though? :) Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Anonymous said...

I happy that you are having a girl but we needed a boy to carry on our family name. Some girls nams I like are Addison, Bryten, Lucy, Amelia.

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Neola
Lilah
Rockwell
Blythe
Peyton

Anonymous said...

Ainslee,lexie, Eliza, Avery, Ashlyn, Eden,Enya, Essence,Evie, Gema,Teagan, I will continue tomorrow

Beth Soelberg said...

Elizabeth. Or Anne.

You know I'll love whatever you choose! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

Okay... so far the names we are adding to our list are:

Isabelle
Lucy
Elle (maybe short for Giselle)
Lilah
Blythe
Elizabeth

I am seriously impressed! Keep them coming guys!!! :)

Megan said...

By the way- my stance on same-naming is that as long as it's not the child's sibling (Very naughty George Foreman!) or first cousin, you're in the clear. :)

Carrie said...

I love those names. Blythe really struck me when someone suggested it. I actually have a pink t-shirt that says, "elle" because I like that name too, so if you choose it I'm totally giving you the shirt. And Lilah! It's like Ila with an "L" so obviously I'm in love. All the names are so lovely. I'm excited to hear what you choose.

Anonymous said...

Natalia, Gwen, Dahlia, Laurel, Fae, Jacey, Kadence, Laila, Lainey, Paisley, Parker, Raegan, Sydney, Sofia or sofie, Trinity, Jocelyn, Paige, Skyler, Sadie, Sienna, Genesis, Nadia, Delaney, Camryn, Elise, Allie, piper, Jayda, Esther, Emerson, Fiona, Bridget, Janelle, Brynn, Hayden, Skye, Joy, Harper, Willow, Liberty, Delilah,Simone, Evangeline, CHarity, Bianca, Jaylee, Rayna, Trista, Kendall, scarlet, Cloe, Briely,Ok I think that is enough... You already have some really good ones! Love you Guys! Sorry I was bored at work :)

Leanne said...

Some of the names on my list before I had Ava were:

Piper (hubby wouldn't let me..waaa)
Brynn
Ansley
Avery
Addyson
McKay (can you say David O?!)
Belle (or Isabelle)

Good luck Megan! :)

Suzanne said...

For some reason I am digging the name Phebe. That's all I have. Good luck with the name thing, as you know it has never been an easy thing for us. Happy Birthday a few days ago!

Love ya, Suz

Caity said...

I love the name Allyson. If you decide you don't want it, I might just have to use it if we have a girl next time :) So, I actually really like Blythe too. Some suggestions I have are Evelyn, Caitlyn (nobody calls me that anyways :) ), Gretchen, Gwendolyn, Daisy, Fallon, Fern, June, Vivian. I know you'll just LOVE those :) If nothing else, there for your entertainment :)

Tiffany said...

I like the name 'Hannah'. You can't go wrong with a name that spells the same way forwards as it does backwards! Hannah Idalia Hastings. Another little girl will fit just perfectly in your cute little family.

Matt said...

Clio Idalia Hastings
Lola Idalia Hastings
Libby Idalia Hastings
Ari Idalia Hastings
Chloe Idalia Hastings
Francesca Idalia Hastings
Emeline Idalia Hastings
Allyson Idalia Hastings
Ava Idalia Hastings
Anna Idalia Hastings
I like to write them all out in word and change the font for each silly, but fun. I guess I am very visual

Anonymous said...

Caity seriously wants that gift certificate :) I think you should just go with Allyson. It makes sense that you would use two grandmother's names.

-Kaleb

Anonymous said...

Sorry, not Caity, Amber :)