
Maddie was ready to be potty trained a year ago. Unfortunately, I just wasn't. I blew it. I missed my window. Now, she is anti-potty. I've tried everything. I tried everything with Ryen and eventually had to resort to the nudey method, which worked beautifully- for her. For Madelyn? Not so much. The plain truth is, she just doesn't care where she goes to the bathroom- as long as it isn't in the bathroom. I've tried M&M's, ice cream, parades, stickers, even a special princess crown she gets to wear on the throne. Nothing. If anyone has any brilliant suggestions, I would love to hear them.


3 comments:
Oh man that sounds really tough. I have no ideas whatsoever....sorry! Hang in there though sista! It will happen!
Here's three idea that worked well (every kids been different)
1. Roz loved to color so I printed out a paper with all different kinds of shapes and had a cup with a few crayons on the back of the toliet, when she would go she'd get to color a shape on the paper I had taped to the door. I also did m&m, two for poo and 3 for pee :)
2. I made a game board for Spencer. Our kids really wanted a tramp. Every day he stayed dry he got to jump his game piece one time, If he had an accented he had to go back to the beginning. Once we started playing he never had to go back to the beginning. (I know a tramp is a little extreme for a potty present but we were planning on getting them one anyway, it just worked well to use as motivation).
3. Cel has pretty much decided she wanted to do it without anything to motivate. But, I started giving her gum balls when she'd go, (Kaleb didn't like the gum so much so now she gets Bathroom Bears (one gummy bear every time she goes.) She's a candy kid.
So there you have it, like I said though every kids is different, you just have to come up with what will motivate her. Maybe it could be something to do with dress ups....like every time she goes she gets to pick one more dress up out of the box? You are one of the most creative people I know I am sure you'll come up with something that will be just right for maddie!
-Suz
I like the previous post ideas. Cute.
Having 4 kids to train, you would think I have lots of ideas for you. Not. I never really had to do much for my kiddos. I just waited til they were ready and then they just decided to use the potty. None of them were really ready until they had just turned 3 though. That was ok with me. Now that I said it was so easy for me, Ava will probably be the stubborn one! Yikes!
Anyway, sorry that I'm not much help! I hope you find something that works :)
Post a Comment