
Well, I just got back from the doctor... for the 4th time this week. They put me on bed rest. They'll be calling me tomorrow morning with my lab results and will tell me at that time if I will spend the rest of my pregnancy in the hospital. I wish I had more chipper news, but that's where we are. I'm pretty sure this baby isn't going to make it to her August due date. I'm doing okay- just happy that the baby seems to be healthy so far. Thanks for all of your prayers! (Anyone know of a good book to read?)


12 comments:
Thanks for the update Meg!!! We love you and hope you can find ways to not go nuts for the next couple months. I wish I could come entertain you...we could just chill and laugh and sleep a lot. Sounds good to me...I am in. hehe...well we pray that you will be able to stay home! We love you sooooooooooooo MUCH-O!
Oh dear. Although bed rest currently sounds lovely, I think that after a few hours I'd get tired of it.
We'll be praying for you and the baby. At least you're looking at the bright side: a chance to keep up on your reading!
Run, don't walk to www.bn.com and order "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. Or anything by Bill Bryson. When you get done with that, if you like fiction, try some Fannie Flagg. If you like a little Anglophila, try the laid-back books of Miss Read.
Or you could do podcasts. BYU has a few good ones, but you can search for anything you're interested in and have a good time with it.
Keep us posted!
Oh my. Bed rest. Been there, done that. I was on bedrest at home for 3 weeks and then went to the hospital for another 7 weeks before delivering my twins. I did a lot of crafty things since it was Christmastime and did a lot of journaling. As for books, I dunno. I don't have much time to read lately, so I can't help there.
Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers.
I got put on bed rest for only a few days when I was pregnant with Addie. I am sorry. Not too fun. I will pray for you. I don't mean to make light but I actually think it sounds fun to be on bed rest now...not for those reasons though. Before you know it you'll be back up and wishing you were back down. Ha ha. Just kiddin'. Like I said, we'll be praying for y'all!
Not fun! I wish we could be there to help you guys out! I would totally cook good food and clean your house. Anyway I recommend This American Life podcasts. It is a radio show on NPR and they do weekly (on monday) podcasts for free. They last an hour and are so interesting. They do swear sometimes so don't listen if that will bother you. Anyway I just finished Anna Karenina and I thought it was amazing, and for something lighter we have read the Fablehaven series and really enjoyed that. You could also sew some of those little felt hair clips for your girls. They are all done by hand so you wouldn't have to get out of bed to do the whole project. Sigh. It will be over sooner than you think.
oh honey. I'm so sorry. Better safe than sorry I guess. You can read the four agreements, or a new earth. THose are both really good. I really liked the four agreements. ITs short and sweet. I love you!
SLEEP! I would sleep. But that does get old. I have a play you can help co-direct from a distance. I'll just put you on speaker for the kids :) JK. Love you! Everything will be okay Meg.
I am so sorry to hear about the bed rest and am praying for you and the baby. Maybe even your hubby that he won't lose his mind before the next child arrives. Since you already informed us you can't sleep in bed at home, I suggest you get the longest book you can find like War and Peace or something. Or you could learn a new craft. Quilling is fun.
Rats Meg! What a drag. Well, have you ever had the desire to read Moby Dick? :) I'm just so glad to hear that your little bun-in-the-oven is healthy. Good luck keeping yourself occupied. I'm sure your wonderful husband will take good care of you and make sure that the house keeps running while you're not able to.
Oh dang it! Hope you are able to take it easy and hang in there. We will keep you guys in our prayers. I have heard that "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer is good...she is the one that wrote the Twilight series books that were so good!
Hey - did the dr. say you'd have to be in the hospital for the rest of your pregnancy? How are you doing?
Just wondering! Nosy Nellie signing off...
We got an update from Sonny yesterday. Sorry that you are having to go through this. thank goodness your mom is able to be there to help you. If I didn't have to work I would be out there in a heartbeat to help you. Some books that I love are Tuesdays with Morrie and Five People You Meet in Heaven bothe by Mitch Albom. The Twilght Series by Stephenie Meyer: Twilght, New Moon, and Eclipse. I just got finished reding them for the second time the fouth book comes out in August. She also wrote The Host which I read while at Lake Powell.
You are in our in the familes prayers.
Sandi
Post a Comment