
It has been medicine week at the Hastings house. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday followed by an appointment right after that to tour the hospital. Sonny came with me and it was so nice to have him there. (To those of you who live near family, I hope you appreciate it! It cost us $50 in babysitting fees. That is going to add up by the time this baby is born!) Our nameless baby seems to be doing well. My doctor believes I have Preeclampsia. Yay! I'm a little worried, but I have faith that everything will be okay. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
Madelyn and Ryen had appointments to see their doctor this afternoon. Madelyn was just due for a "well child" visit and Ryen was in for her kindergarten physical and shots. She has been worried about those shots for months! When it was time for her to get them, Sonny took Madelyn out of the room and I held Ryen while the nurses gave her 4 injections in her little thighs. It seriously broke my heart, but she was SO brave! I can't even tell you how proud of her I am. The nurses said she was the best and bravest patient they have ever had. Ryen does NOT do well with any kind of physical pain or injury so I was floored by her courage. She has been such a trooper! We took her out to lunch where she announced to everyone that she got shot. I will be glad when this week is behind us.


6 comments:
Well I am glad to hear Ryen did well...and I hope your hospital is comfy...so your nameless sweetheart will feel welcome in the world...lol..(that was kinda korny)sorry...Anyways glad it went well...and shouldn't you be looking at a hospital in MI? ;)
Good job Ryen! Emma was so good at shots, until she was three that is. She flips at the doctors now! Cavities are going to be interesting :)
Meg, you and your family are always in my heart. The Soelberg family is praying for you! Thanks for the link.
Congratulations to ALL of the girls for getting through their doctor's visits. Helena's been surprisingly good about shots; I think she's trying to keep up a brave front (which is good? maybe?)
My mom had "toxemia" when she was pregnant with Andrea and I, which I'm fairly sure is the same thing as pre-eclampsia. Andrea and I got here okay, although Mom wasn't too comfortable, but...it all worked out in the end, and we're praying for you!
I looove it when kids are brave. It's easier on our hearts isn't it?
You'll stay in my prayers Megan. Keep that chin up ;)
We just got the same exact thing done with Payton. She really got worked up about it and continued to talk about it for a few days even after it was over. I hope that you are doing ok and you are taking it easy! We will keep you in our prayers.
If I survived getting shot 4 times, I would hope someone would take ME out to lunch! :) What a trooper!
Post a Comment