May 28, 2008

Unwelcomed Guest


I love a good nap. I really do. And with this pregnancy, I honestly need a good nap every now and then. To snag one in the afternoon means getting Madelyn to go down for a nap and talking Ryen into some "quiet time" in her room. Sounds pretty simple, but it is actually more often catastrophic rather than relaxing. On those rare days when the planets align for me and I can actually catch some much-needed Z's, a certain visitor comes and blows it all to smithereens. I'll be laying in bed and all of a sudden something knocks into the corner of my mattress like one of the girls running into it or Sonny bumping into it with his knees. No matter how many times I fall for it and look up, there is never anyone there. It's a ghost, folks. And a mean one too. I've never seen it and I have no idea who it is, but there is no mistaking it. Usually, when something like this happens, I try to ask myself what the spirit is trying to tell me. In this case, I can think of nothing besides, "Get up, you lazy idiot!" Not only is this ghost keeping me from sleeping, but it is really starting to hurt my feelings.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....Kinda creepy...I would be a little scared....I am not a big fan of those kinds of things...Maybe you should take a nap on the couch...hehe....I hope it lets you takes some naps....man naps are so needed!!!! Love you!

Carrie said...

AHHH! That's crazy! Maybe it just wants a cookie or something. Try leaving it a treat on the corner of your bed. Or maybe it's telling you that you should move closer to your totally awesome family. :)

Caity said...

Oh no! I hate ghosts! You seriously have one? Is it really mean? I say have Sonny take care of him! Nothing like a man with the preisthood to send a ghost away (or at least that's what I say so i don't get creeped out :) ). Or is it what Joel says?

Andrea said...

I say you should tell it to go to the light. If that doesn't work then maybe that creepy Sylvia Brown lady will come to your house and take care of it. I think the ghosts just see her and run.

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

I seriously thought I was the only one that got bothered in bed. Especially growing up. I was always being bumped or having my covers pulled down or something. Its because you live in N.C.. I hear there are alot of those ghosts around there. :)

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Did I tell you about the short man that was bothering me up until a couple weeks ago? yea, I actually saw him. My dad came over and told him to take a hike.

Beth Soelberg said...

Just a reminder:

Nap does not equal lazy!

Also:

Shame does not produce change.

(That last one was unrelated, but might be useful someday.)

One more while I'm on a roll:

An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure.

Leanne said...

Creeeepy! I have the chills! I'm scared! I've had my own creepiness but never someone bumping my bed. Do you live in an old house? I'm always scared of the old places. Maybe the nap on a couch isn't such a bad idea. Heck, I couldn't sleep in that bed at night either because I'd be sooo afraid. What a whimp I am!

Sorry to hear about your unwelcomed friend Megan! I agree with Caity...get your house blessed! Your Dad did that for us once.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I hear things. That's my nap killer. I don't like when it's too quiet. I have to have a fan or something on to be a source of white noise, otherwise I start hearing weird things. Ghost? Maybe. I know a certain guy in the R.M. ward that you could call who probably has some ghost busting equipment you could borrow. Know who I'm talking about? Think MREs and bomb shelters. :)

Campbell Family said...

I hope that you don't really have one of those! That is kind of creepy! Hope you get something worked out!

Anonymous said...

http://hexevedi.freehostia.com http://superdevkox.vox.com/ http://lujoro.rack111.com
элитные секс куклы
http://ciwos.justfree.com http://dxowelu.nightmail.ru http://kixom.rack111.com
порно nina mercedez
vrotmnenogi

Anonymous said...

http://gogaluwe.rack111.com http://hovelepi.freehostia.com http://xezeqa.1gb.bg
секс порно фото ананасик
http://losini.1accesshost.com http://tilogo.yoyohost.com http://huwunasa.freehostia.com
азиатские проститутки
vrotmnenogi