May 14, 2008

Adoption Day


Today is a very special day in our family. Ryen came into the world on May 3rd, but she came into OUR world on the 14th. That is the day I became a mother. This time of year is so emotional for me. You'd think my feelings would die down a little after five years, but that's not the case at all. I still get just as choked up as I remember the details of Ryen's adoption. Her life and her part in our family is as much a miracle to me today as it ever was... maybe more so. I have so much love for Lindsey, Ryen's birthmother. She has taught me more than I can even express about love in it's truest and most pure form. I will be forever grateful to her for what she somehow found the courage to do five years ago today. Our gift to her is our immense love for Ryen. Happy Adoption Day to our cherished daughter and to the many amazing people who share our love for her.

7 comments:

Caity said...

I look at Ryen and feel so blessed and privileged to be her aunt. She is so beautiful! She is so great in our family. I will forever be grateful for her!

Leanne said...

What a wonderful and blessed day to celebrate.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories of Ryen's adoption! So many adoption stories I've heard are not so wonderful, so it's great that you can look back on it with fondness!

Adria said...

I am so greatful for you and Sonny! Our family just loves and adores you so much. It is so comforting to know that you two are the best parents in the world and that Ryen is in the best care possible! I love the cake, such a cute idea!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

aw. that is so sweet. I am so thankful for you and your openness with me. I am forever grateful. love you.

Campbell Family said...

That seriously made me choked up as well! You are such an amazing family and we are so grateful to have such a special relationship with you! What a miracle that Linds found you and that the Lord gave such an impression to her that you and Sonny were "the ones". What a blessing for you both! Love you guys!

Rachel Garner said...

This post totally made me cry! Everything about it is so sweet and so special. I too think Ryen is so special. WE are happy for your family. It is amazing how similar Sonny and Ryen's smiles are in these pictures. Miss you guys!