June 11, 2009

Moving On Up


The rumors are true. We're moving to Michigan. Ahhhh. It feels good to finally be able to announce that. When Sonny and I moved to North Carolina, we had a five year plan. Our five years are up and we feel like it is time to move on to the next phase of our lives. We've been considering jobs in Michigan for the last couple of years. It's funny how God paves the way for you when the time is right. We have so many mixed feelings about leaving this place. It is the only home our children have ever known. All around me I see the ghosts of our family's past. It's hard to leave them behind. It's hard to leave the people here who have been family to us in the absense of our own. Still, we know that it is time and we are truly excited to see what lies ahead for our little family of five.

10 comments:

Caity said...

I know how you feel! BUT ... YAY! I am so very excited! You have no idea!

Isabelle said...

Hallelujah!!!! I'm sooo EXCITED!!!

Love you!!

Vonique

Laura said...

Your moving from THE SOUTH??!! Good luck in Michigan!

Tifani said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what the coming months will hold for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooo excited. Guess what? You are gonna get sick of us, cuz we are going to bug you all of the time!!!! Yay! You will finally be in MI! We are counting down the days!

r.l.secor said...

Holy Cow! I hope that will be a great thing for you guys!

Funny, we are 1000 x more likely to get to come visit you in Michigan than in North Carolina - ALThOUGH we were dying to get ourselves to North Carolina beaches!

All of Matt's extended family is in Saginaw, Flint, Montrose, Flushing and then a couple in Ann Arbor.

Any way - keep us posted on your progress! And thank goodness you can do this While your girlies are still youngish.

Brooke said...

Hello! I'm bloggy friends with Laura (Horton Family), and she just emailed me to say that one of her bloggy friends (you) were moving to Michigan too!

My family and I are moving next week. We are originally from Michigan, and after a year in Dallas, we are heading back.

I truly love Michigan and all it has to offer.....now, I just need to find a job and then I'm all good.

We are going to be in between Detroit and Ann Arbor.

Best wishes on your move!

Beth Soelberg said...

Can't wait to see you!

Leanne said...

Well Megan...You KNOW how I feel about you coming up here to live by us :) But I wanted to congratulate you for sticking to your 5 year plan! How awesome that you stayed with that goal and are going for it!

Can't wait to seeeeee you!

RACHEL said...

i was heartbroken when wayne told me. i am really going to miss you meg, you have no idea!! i love you, wish you all the very best!