Ryen, Ryen, Ryen. Our sweet child is always bumping, bruising, bleeding, and bewildered. After a frantic phone call from her school last week, we were afraid we'd have to add "broken" to the list. While playing on the monkey bars, Ryen slipped and hit her shin on the platform. It was a wicked bruise and swelled out like she had a golf ball under her skin. I'll never forget the look on her poor little face when I came to school to get her and our eyes met. I ran to her and hugged her and she just buried her face into my chest and sobbed. It melted me. I carried her out to the car and Madelyn started to cry because she was so worried about her big sister. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Maddie asked Ryen if she was hungry and when she said she was, Madelyn quickly handed her the apple she was eating. She kept telling Ryen that she loved her and that everything would be okay. Then, she asked me if we could go get ice cream- but none for her, just for Ryen. Maddie's compassion and genuine love for Ryen completely overwhelmed me. What amazing children we have been blessed with! Within a few hours, Ry was running around on her leg so we felt confident it wasn't broken...thank goodness. But what a scare!

{This is a picture of Ryen on the monkey bars a couple of days before her injury and then a photo of her leg that I took recently. You can't really see how gross it looked, but trust me!}

{This is a picture of Ryen on the monkey bars a couple of days before her injury and then a photo of her leg that I took recently. You can't really see how gross it looked, but trust me!}


3 comments:
ok, that almost had me crying! what sweet girls you have! have sisters is the best thing in the world!! your girls are so lucky to have each other:) so sweet!
All I have to say is, tear! Your girls melt me.
Awww. Poor Ryen. But sheesh! To have a little sister so concerned? Lucky! My sisters would have laughed. ;)
Post a Comment