I love our new house and can't wait to move in! Our closing date should be sometime at the end of this month, but we probably won't get to move in until the beginning of next. Until we sell our house in NC, we won't be doing any extensive remodeling- just painting and switching out fixtures. I don't hate the yellow color of our house's exterior, but I am not a fan of the maroonish red and blue combo. It feels a little McDonalds/80's to me. I want to paint the blue parts white (like the window frames) and the porch front and shutters a cream color. Sonny thinks it will make the house seem bland and washed out. I think it will make it look clean and fresh. He suggested black. "Yes, turn left at the stop sign and we'll be the giant bumblebee on the right." No thanks.What would YOU do?


7 comments:
call me bland and washed out but i'd do white. im no decorator though. maybe you could paint just the front door black? if it were me i'd look around and find another house i like and copy cat it up.
YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH WHITE. EVER. period.
White is the greatest, most misunderstood "color" out there and I think it would look gorgeous. But I also second the black front door idea and even the look around until you find a combo you love and then go with that. hehe Keep that Jill around. She's smart.
I'm not really great advice here, but I know that everything you do turns out cute, so I'm not really worried. I don't think you could go wrong with white either, but I also think blank wouldn't make your house look like a giant bumblebee. Although...that might be appropriate, right? haha
i love white. i also love you. period. youll pick whats right, you always do.
I like white too. My parents have a yellow and brick home and around all their windows is white. There were a few super cute houses in Pitt that had yellow siding & shutters. I think they had dark green shutters. I'm not typically a green person or a yellow person, but I loved the combo and then you could possibly bring in another color with the front door. I'd try googling and looking for some yellow home photos online and like someone else suggested, kinda copy what's already been done.
All I have to say is I wish you the best. You do have amazing taste and I have no experience. I am sure you will make the right choice and love it!!! Sorry I am no help.
I agree with Tiffany about googling yellow farmhouse images. I see a lot of them with black shutters and they don't remind me of a bumblee at all. lol. But I also see your point about white being fresh. Since your roof is already black (it looks like it in the photo), then I think the black shutters would be great, but the white/cream EQUALLY great.
Black door instead? Fabulous idea. I'm not a decorator by any means, but I can picture a beautiful old black door on that house!
I wish I had a new house to fix up! Lucky!
Post a Comment