July 21, 2006

Giraffey

With Ryen's imagination, I knew it was only a matter of time before she made an imaginary friend. I should have known it would be an animal- a giraffe, to be exact. Two days ago, I was desperate to get Ry to play downstairs so that I could take a shower and get ready for the day. So I told her there was a giraffe in the hallway who was lost and needed to be escorted downstairs. She happily took the job and led him downstairs... where she introduced him to her little sister and got him a drink of water. She later escorted him to the store and out to lunch with us at McDonald's- where she took excellent care of him when he bumped his head on the slide. (He bumps his head a lot.) Yesterday, she seemed to forget about "Giraffey", but sure enough, he is back today. When I asked her where he had been, she told me he was on a date. I can only assume that is because whenever Sonny and I go away, we are on a date. I hope things don't get serious with this girl giraffe he's seeing because I don't know how many of them we can house... Posted by Picasa

No comments: