June 26, 2007

Constantly Craving Creation




When I became a mother, I figured out early on that I needed to hold onto things that were my own. I don't mean possessions or actual "things", but rather pieces of myself- my passions and interests. I have the heart of an artist (even if I don't have the skills of one) and I constantly crave creation, inspiration and expression. I have been able to tame the beast through photography, digital scrapbooking, and even with the small art projects I do with my girls. I find it is they who most inspire me. Ryen is really into acting and puppets right now so I recently built the girls a stage out of plastic pipes that I bought at a home improvement store. (I'll post pictures of that later.) I am now exploring the whimsical world of felt. I'm working on finger puppets and hand puppets right now. I have been blown away by the ADORABLE designs I have found online. It is amazing what a little bit of creativity can... well... create.

*The incredible ship shown in the top picture was made by Ann Wood. I would love to tackle something like that one of these days!

4 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

Those are amazing! What cool projects to do with your kids. Maybe I'll try one. It will look kind of ridiculous, I'm sure, but nothing ventured, nothing gained! Thanks for the ideas and pictures.

Caity said...

Meg, you have always been so creative! I always tell mom that if I had just alittle of your creativity...just think what I could do! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

You are So Talented! I would give my left foot to have as much creativity as you have. I have always been impressed with your ability to make things look so nice. In fact, when ever I do anything I think I wonder if Megan would like this. Even the clothes I get for my girls have that thought behind them. You need a boy so I will know what to do with Spenc. You are impressive. It must be nice to have that talent! It's on my wish list.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with suz! please have a boy so I can know what to do with these little guys! I would like to say that since you have creativity and i have the skills but seriously NO imagination we should get together. I think we could really work it! That is until you get the skills (which are easy to develop) and I'm still without imagination!