June 13, 2007

It's No Secret



We do A LOT of traveling. Whether it's a weekend getaway close to home, a trip to visit family, or a romantic getaway overseas, we seem to be a family on the go! As crazy as that sometimes gets, we're really looking forward to our next adventure- a trip to Michigan. Some of my brothers and sister were able to get together last summer (such a BLAST), but this time we will ALL be there. With how spread out we all are, that is really amazing. I am SO excited about that! We'll even get to spend some time with several of my cousins and extended family who I haven't seen in a really long time. We do our best to work around Sonny's vacation time, but it can be really hard to do everything we want to do and see everyone we want to see. (Sonny is currently in agony over having to miss his yearly trip to Lake Powell!) Considering all of this, I often end up asking myself, "WHY do we live so far away from all of our family???" I know that the Lord wanted us to live where we are and we have learned so much during our time here. Having said that, I think Sonny and I both feel ready for a change. As much as I love the frequent flier miles, I am going to really love cutting our traveling in half.

No comments: