September 25, 2007

No Fair


Against our better judgment, Sonny and I decided to take the kids to our city fair tonight. Ryen and Maddie loved going on the rides. That Ry is a fearless girl, let me tell you! It was pretty eventful for me as well. I realized a lot of things. Specifically:
  1. The mullet is alive and well
  2. People who go to fairs love their tobacco products
  3. The rides look just as unsafe in person as they appear on the news
  4. Marijuana is very stinky
  5. A fight between a drunk woman and a very old ride operator is a pretty fair fight
  6. Cotton candy is not the thing to feed a child within an hour or two of bedtime
  7. It costs $5 to spend 42 seconds in the back of a monster truck going 3 mph
  8. If you choose to walk beside your child during a pony ride, the man prodding the ponies will think it's funny to make you run in circles
  9. Three bears dancing on their hind legs to "Y'all Ready For This" is more disturbing than entertaining
  10. We are never going to another fair

2 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

I never thought I might have a problem with post-natal incontinence until I started reading this post! You make me snort-laugh!

The Midway fair that comes to Muskegon every summer is like that...a little scary, a little skanky, a little stinky.

Carrie said...

ahhhhh good times, good times.