We all had so much fun at our ward Halloween festival! I wish everyone could have see Ryen as I was getting her ready for the party. Every three seconds she would run to a mirror so she could admire herself over and over again. She was absolutely beaming and smiled from ear to adorable ear the entire night. She felt like the most beautiful and special girl who ever lived and I have to admit that it was one of my favorite parenting experiences so far. Seeing your daughter feel so good about herself is a beautiful thing. Very cool.
We have some more Halloween activities coming up this week, but since our ward party is where we thought the girls would get the most candy, we decided to invite The Great Pumpkin to come last night. The girls picked their three pieces of candy and happily threw the rest into the jar. They took it outside without even the tiniest bit of hesitation. I was seriously thrilled! They were so excited about The Great Pumpkin coming that they didn't get out of bed one single time last night! They were ecstatic this morning when they ran outside to see what The GP had left them in place of their sugary treats. So fun!!!


5 comments:
The girls were sqealing with delight this morning when they discovered the great pumpkin had come. It was so cute. I was amazed how they reacted to giving their candy away. No biggie. I, on the other hand, could not wait until they went to bed so I could raid the offering. Argh! I wonder how this will impact their feelings about the sweet stuff when they grow up? I bet they won't be so obsessed with it like their grammy is...
I really am digging this great pumpkin idea. It's like Christmas in October. Hum, I haven't decided but I may be following suite. If I do I don't have much time.
We were so sad to miss the Rocky Mount ward Halloween carnival this year! The biggest reason is because we loved seeing the kids (your girls especially) in their little costumes! I was also thinking the other day about how much fun we had at your Halloween party last year! You all look great in your costumes!
Awww Meg we miss you so much...and your family! You look like you guys at the time of your lives for halloween..and if you didn't you sure looked cute!!! WE can't wait to see you guys in february!!!! We love you...
You all look so cute in your costumes. The girls are precious!
I love your blog. It is so great to keep up with you and my girls by checking out the blogs! Sure love you all - Lona
Post a Comment