November 12, 2007

Click and Chuck


Ryen was so proud when she brought this bright purple birdhouse home from school. I love all of the things she comes home with, but sometimes it's hard to know what to do with everything. I usually let her play with her little treasures until they become old news. Then I take a picture of it and discard it. That way I don't feel guilty about letting it go because I still have the photo, but not the clutter. The really sweet things I hold onto for her. I use the same principle with everything else I own. If it's special, but not being used or regularly cherished, I take a picture of it and chuck it. Seems to work!

2 comments:

Pam said...

The birdhouse that flew the coop. Yah, don't tell her...I flew it right out of the house.

Anonymous said...

Kaleb and I've done the picture thing too. It's nice to have a memory without the need to store it for years. I did start a three ring binder for my kids with projects, primary talks, or things I think they will want to show their posterity later in life. It seems to work pretty well.