January 8, 2008

August 12, 2008


As of right now, that's the official due date for our newest family member. I'm about 2 1/2 months pregnant. My incredible husband somehow got us in for our ultrasound a day early- God bless him! So we were able to see our little one for the first time this afternoon. Seeing that little heart beating made me cry like an idiot. Heck, just having a due date made me cry like an idiot! We are so excited. Everything looked good and seems to be progressing well. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. I know that it has truly helped.

And just so you know... this baby may have a funky name. Just in case, consider yourself warned.

9 comments:

Caity said...

Congratulations Hastings! That is so exciting that you know now! Yay! We love you all and un-known funky named little fetus!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

yea yea yea! I am so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! We are soooooo excited for you...I am so glad for you guys. This is the best news ever!!!! And just for the record I love funky names so you have my vote....If only Drew would like them....hopefully by the time we have kids he will!!!! We love you!!! Yay!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!

Leanne said...

Weeeee....how exciting! It's always a blessing to see them squirming around for the first time. And funky names are all the rage right? I like funky names...I just wish Rick would let me use them once in a while. No funkiness in my family. :( waaa. I wanted Ava to be Piper, but he said NOPE. Piper isn't really funky at all, but to him it was WAY weird.

Oh, and I love the little fetus widget :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! We can't wait to find out what you having. Please keep us posted.

Pam said...

I cannot wait!!! I just hope you get over the yucky puke days. One day at a time... Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am not going to argue with that! I love all of the things you have for your girls...hopefully this one is a boy so I can get a little bit of both....hehe....I am sure we will be awhile with the baby thing the way Drew is going..lol...no we want to wait until we get back to MI...so that is up in the air...I love it that you are thinking of us...you are the Best Meg!!!!!!! Hugs

Beth Soelberg said...

Dan and I have a funky boy name in reserve...whether we actually have the need, or the guts!, to use it, only time will tell! Besides, lots of old-timey names are completely weird, but nobody says anything about those!

There's nothing like the little heartbeat! Nothing! I hope you begin feeling better soon. When it gets really bad imagine the little heartbeat.