January 3, 2008

It's complicated.


I had the most hilarious conversation with Ryen a couple days ago. I try so hard to drill it into her head that there are 3 main things she has to do each and every time she goes to the bathroom. Wipe, flush, and wash. Though I hate to rat her out, she really seems to struggle with The Big 3. It doesn't help that she has figured out the word "privacy" and how demanding that opens (or closes, rather) all sorts of doors. She constantly tells everyone she needs privacy when she enters the bathroom. She's a smart girl... but I'm onto her. I came into the bathroom to check on her a couple days ago and she confessed to me that she really just needs privacy so she can "sneak some not wiping and flushing and things." I asked her why she hates to wipe, flush, and wash so much and she looked solemnly at me and replied, "It's complicated."

6 comments:

Pam said...

She cracks me up. She is always closing the door in my face and saying, "Grammy I just need my privacy." I get the biggest hoot out of her. Love her!

Anonymous said...

Lol..that sounds like Ryen to me...that is so cute. She says the funniest things all of the time...I love it! Way to be Ry, but you need to do the three!!!

Caity said...

Oh, I laughed with that one so hard! How funny! Seriously, that girl is so funny. I love you Ry! I love how you call it the big 3 too.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

HILARIOUS! Her discovery of the word "privacy" reminds me of my early discovery of the word "perogative". You can imagine how much my mom loved that! Privacy is her Parlay. And whatever her reasons for not liking "the big 3", I'm sure it truly is "complicated". Good luck with that one! Thanks for giving me a good laugh today!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

oh my gosh what a little smarty pants!

Anonymous said...

What a smarty!