March 22, 2008

Happy Preaster!


Our family celebrates a little holiday I like to call Preaster (or pre-Easter). We have an arrangement worked out with Mr. Bunny so he knows to visit our house the Saturday before Easter. That way, the kids can enjoy their baskets of goodies and go on their egg hunts while leaving Sunday clear to celebrate our Savior.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

That is what we want to do too. It seems like a good compromise in order to get the best of both worlds. We haven't exactly got our acts together this year so we might be having a saturday night easter egg hunt but Benson is thankfully still to young to know the difference. Those look like fun goodies in the baskets!

Carrie said...

*too young

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leanne said...

What a great idea doing it a day early. Love it. Wish I had thought of that when my kids were younger. Guess I could start with Ava. Your kids get gifts...I'm a cheapo...we stick to just candy. Guess I should add new toothbrushes to the baskets too huh?!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great idea as well....It is the new thing these days! Much wiser..

Beth Soelberg said...

Where was I? I'd never heard of the "Preaster" idea until this year. But...we're going to do it. Sundays are so busy anyway; I'd like to have it still feel like the Sabbath and not a holiday.

Plus - cool shades, Ry! She's smokin'!