We had a huge storm blow in last night. Sonny was out of town and I felt certain he would come home to nothing but a pile of rubble where our house once stood. It was so windy and warm and before the power went out, the TV was littered with tornado watches and warnings. I'm happy to report that we got lots of rain, but no flying cows. Unfortunately though, because the power went out last night, the girls and I slept in and Ryen missed school. We decided to make the most of it. :)
Confession: I was watching American Idol when our electricity went out. It was just as this guy was taking the stage... proof that even in the midst of life's storms, God is merciful.


7 comments:
hehe...those are the best days when your electricity goes out....the candles come out and it is just fun times...and you get to sleep in on accident ;)
i wish i could've missed his performance too ... kinda weird. but the guy after him (from AZ) freaks me out more now after the recent press on him.
I am jealous in the extreme that your kids are playing outside without 87 layers of thermally protective clothing!
On the other hand, I haven't recently wondered if our house would blow down - but it might be crushed by the weight of this year's record snowfall!
Great pictures!
ha ha he is quite the diva
That poor child on American Idol has a lifetime of odd looks and sideways glances ahead of him. I am relieved that he got the boot. We are so glad that you survived the storm. I want to get some of that sidewalk paint. So much fun!!!
I don't miss those storms! We had so many of those in Iowa. There was an ice storm once, the power went out for 15 hours, the kids and I snuggled up in my bed to keep warm, the house was down to 45 degrees and the best part...Dave just happened to be in Africa!!! I was all alone to deal with life! Fun times...boy I love the Arizona sun now!!!
Post a Comment