June 10, 2008

Just a little update...

I made it through the weekend without having to check into the hospital. I had another appointment on Monday and somehow managed to sneak past again. Not without drama though! My lab work came back bad, but not terrible so the doctor said we could hold off on the hospital, but I would need to stay on bed rest. She almost changed her mind during the stress test on the baby when I passed out and vomited all over the place. It was both scary and humiliating, let me tell you! It was also rather stressful for the baby so I had to stay at the office another four hours so they could do more tests and an ultrasound. I was finally permitted to leave and I did so wearing an exam gown while carrying my puke-drenched clothing in a garbage bag. That walk through the crowded waiting room and out to my car was a long one. :) I go back in on Thursday for more testing. The doctors are just waiting for my test results to go from bad to really dangerous, at which point they will send me to the hospital where the baby and I will be closely monitored. As soon as my preeclampsia progresses to the point where I and/or the baby are in serious danger, they will deliver her immediately. I'm just resting and waiting. Not a fun place to be, but I am very blessed to have a husband who is so loving and helpful and a mom who is willing to drop everything to fly out here and rescue us.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support and for your prayers. Thanks also for your suggestions about things to do to pass the time! We love you all and will do our best to keep you posted.

10 comments:

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Oh Megan. You really don't deserve this stress! I am so sorry. I really hope and pray that this all turns out alright for you and miss no-name. I love you so much and I wish I could help you! I know you will be ok. This is going to be one emotional birth let me tell ya! Its makes it even more beautiful when you struggle through the pregnancy. I hope this all isnt sounding bad but I know what I;m talking about . I was on bes rest with Larz for a bit and wanted to die. I was so sick with Ryen and LArz forever too. I love you.

Beth Soelberg said...

Whoa. I'll bet all that stress doesn't help. I SO wish that I was closer and could be of some help to you...I'm basically useless here in MI...but I can pray from a distance, and I will.

My mom had preeclampsia with Andrea and I. Basically (not that this helps) both of her pregnancies were horrifying, although she never felt nauseous once. My point in telling you this is that we both came out just fine, and flourished into the funny, sweet, loving people we are now. :) You are making a real sacrifice and are being sanctified because of it (which you'll be able to realize a long time from now, when you feel a little more human.)

And you're a good example, too. I love you more than my luggage!

Leanne said...

Megan! I'm sooo sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience! How embarrassing for you. Keep your chin up. I'm thinking of you. Please get a blessing if you haven't already. :)

Anonymous said...

Megan i am so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I promise you heavenly father will bless you for your strength and determination to bring another one of his children to the world. Don't forget that we love you and you are ALWAYS in our prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sista!!!! Sounds like quite a day...I wish we could be there for you...so bad! Hang in there girlie....You are always in our prayers and we know you will get through all of this stinky stuff....you are a strong woman with so many who love you!!!!! Seriosuly if you need some entertainment call me and I will fly out there and do some crazy skits or something....actually I should send Drew...he is the goofy one, but no, I want to see you!!!!! We LOVE YOU!!!! Hang in there!

DK said...

Hang in there! We are praying for you. ~Deena

Caity said...

Wow Meggie. That is just crazy. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Just think about that beautiful little baby getting ready to come into your family! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Tiffany said...

Oh Megan, my heart goes out to you. We hope all goes well through your last weeks of pregnancy. Keep your eye on the prize. (I know, totally stupid thing to say, and I said it anyway.)

Campbell Family said...

Hang in there little momma...I know you can do it! Thank goodness you have such a wonderful family that can come help and take care of you guys. We all love you and will be praying for you and that little bambino...:)

Andrea said...

I threw up during one of those blood sugar tests. It was very fabulous because I was sitting as far from the bathroom as I could be in the waiting room. So I got to throw up all the way across the room. I will pray for you dear.