October 27, 2008

3 Little Pumpkins


We "decorated" pumpkins for Family Home Evening tonight. I decided to try something new with these Mr. Potato Head-style pumpkin parts. Though I missed that jack-o-lantern glow, I did not miss the hours of carving and cleaning up pumpkin guts. The girls had a blast creating their own silly characters- which they wouldn't have been able to do on their own otherwise. I think we'll be cheating again next year!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Those are adorable pumpkins! I love how Maddie is holding the Ally's hand. Sweeeet.

Brian and Beth said...

That is the BEST idea ever!!! You are the best mom in the world! You should start a parenting magazine!-Beth

Anonymous said...

What a genious idea....when the kids can clean up their own mess and carve their own pumpkins than you can switch back...hehe

stephanie said...

How are you!? I LOVE your blog! Congratulations on your darling Ally! She is so sweet! I miss you and hope you are doing great! Shoot me an email or check out my blog at elgclan.blogspot. Tell me how in the world you get your blog so cute?? You have always been so good at stuff like that! Give me hints! :)

Caity said...

That is a cool idea! It seems like every year my kids end up watching while Joel and I do the work. Smart stuff!

Is Ally sitting up by herself in the picture?