October 5, 2008

Thank Goodness for Butterflies


When Ryen was in preschool, she never played with boys. Every day I would pick her up from school and ask her what she did that day. Every single time she would give me some sort of generic response and then end with, "But I didn't play with any of the boys!" Now that she is in kindergarten and surrounded by more children and more influences, I wondered if her feelings had changed. (At what age do the "crushes" start, anyway? I can't even remember.) So I asked Ryen if any of the girls and boys loooove each other. She told me that they didn't. Just for fun, I asked her why. She anwered, "Because boys like to talk about soccer and girls like to talk about butterflies." Sounds about right.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Let's hope she keeps that sweet view for many years to come! haha

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I love it! I'm trying to remember what age the "crushes" start. I do recall that for me, 4th grade was when all my friends started "liking" each other and the first time a boy asked me to be his girl friend. Who knows how young it starts these days. Keep me posted on that.

Caity said...

No joke, I hope that keeps up for a long time :) I love the things that come out of her mouth.

Brian and Beth said...

I wish my little ones stayed innocent longer. They both had crushes in Kindergarten & other kids had crushes on them. I won't lie-it scared me & still does.

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

Oh what a sweetheart. Silly Ryen. :)