December 6, 2008

Madelyn Jose



Madelyn:
Mom, is my middle name Olivia?
Me: No, Maddie. Your middle name is Soleil, remember? Madelyn Soleil Hastings.
Madelyn: Oh. Madelyn Jose?
Me: No, honey. Soleil. So-lay.
Madelyn: Jose?
Me: Soooo-laaaaay.
Madelyn: Jose?
Me: Sure.
Madelyn: Ryen, my middle name isn't Olivia. It's Jose! I'm Jose!

Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. The things that girl says sometimes! When Sonny asked her how she slept last night she enthusiastically said, "Like a rock!" A while ago she asked me when she was going to be "bath-tized." She's pretty excited about that bath-tism. :) She is also extremely excited about the giant inflatable nativity scene we have on our front lawn. It is set on a timer and self-inflates each evening. So, all morning and afternoon Madelyn walks around telling anyone who will listen that we are going to blow up baby Jesus tonight. I know! Ahhh! We have been desperately trying to add the word "inflate" to her vocabulary... before she gets kicked out of school or we get hit by lightning.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I can't wait for those conversations with our kids. How stinking cute! Madelyn Jose has got a nice ring to it...hehe

Adria said...

she is just the cutest, that was a good laugh! hey i heard from a little bird you guys will be here in dec or jan? what dates are you gonna be here? kylee's party is on the 3rd didn't know if you guys could make it or not?

Andrea said...

Who wouldn't think it was a Bath-tism. It does take place in a giant Bath tub right?

Jill Ison said...

that made me laugh. What a funny girl. And such a cute picture too!

RACHEL said...

i literally laughed out loud at that one!!

Caity said...

Oh Maddie Jose! You crack me up so much! I can just hear her girlie little voice too!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

i LOVE her face Megan. she is so beautiful and unique. I love her personality. You did good.

Leanne said...

Cute as ever. Great post Meg.

Tifani said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard!

stephanie said...

You are SO funny! I sure miss you! Seriously, your blog design kill me they are so cute! I must have you design something! You are so amazingly talented!

Lisa said...

haha! That made me laugh out loud.