
Whoa. So that's what it's like to be totally and completely separated from your computer for days and daaaays. Hmm. Strange. I suppose it should be a liberating experience, but it wasn't. It was oddly unsettling. I missed you, Tallulah... and I'm not ashamed to say it. We belong together, you and me. (Yes, I named my computer Tallulah. I name everything. Don't judge me!)
So here we are... all home and happy and back into the swing of things. We had a marvelous time in Arizona! We didn't get to see everyone we wanted to see or go everywhere we wanted to go, as our trip was a whirlwind visit. I am still trying to organize and edit the bazillion photos I took while there. In the meantime, here are some of the highlights:
- Meeting Miss Molly, our new sister-in-law/aunt... who we all completely adore (Way to go Spencer!)
- Ryen riding horses "all by herself" and love love looooving it
- Maddie riding quads in the desert and hate hate haaaating it
- Spending a lovely day with Lindsey
- Getting family pictures taken
- Sonny getting his local food fix
- Introducing Ally to the whole Hastings clan and watching her cousins fight over the privilege of holding her :)
- The Cutie Patootie Nieces Photo Shoot- which I think is now a solid tradition
- Checking out our favorite property- which is for sale again, but ridiculously expensive, making any thoughts of returning virtually non-existent
- Spending time with the family... the whole family (Yay!)
- Encouraging Mom and Dad Hastings to serve a mission
- Trying to talk all of Sonny's family into becoming computer nerds
- Discovering a clean Walmart... which I thought was an urban myth
- All 3 girls being downright angelic while flying the not-so-friendly skies
- Dave/Papa using a tractor to ram a tree in an attempt to free a $10 airplane lodged in its branches (Now that is a cool grandpa!)
- Norma/Nana feeding the girls pancakes every morning (nanacakes)
- Dinner at Matta's with the Johnsons
- Not seeing our kids all day long because they were lost in Cousin Land
- Trying not to laugh while watching Madelyn apply 57 coats of Disney princess make-up to every last spec of her face...and hands...and feet...and legs...and arms...and clothes...and...
- Getting to sit with Sonny in church
- Ally's first two little teeth popping up


6 comments:
Sounds like fun! I'm so glad you are back now, though. I'm excited to see more photographic evidence of this trip.
I'm really happy I was able to see you guys even for a little bit! It sounds like a fun whirlwind.
Can I ask though, how do you get pictures to have that aged look like the boot picture? I have played around with a lot of my tricks in Photoshop and cant duplicate the effect? Don't tell me you have iphoto and its a setting on there???
All the photographers out there on their websites are posting picts with this effect and my picts are just normal.
BTW...bring on more picts!
I'll get pictures up soon!
Liz, I just used a frame that came with a digital scrapbooking kit for this photo, but you can make your own using brushes. It's pretty easy. A good resource is deviantart.com for ready-made brushes and things. Try searching using the key word "grunge" and you'll find lots of fun stuff! You can also check out a tutorial at http://pshero.com/archives/photo-transfer-edge-effect. Hope that helps! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Holy cow! You weren't joking! It sounds like super fun, but I totally missed you and I'm glad your back with your buddy Tullulah. I can't wait to see the pictures!
Okay I love the Clean Walmart thing. Who knew? Sounds like you guys had a whole lot of fun.
HEY!!! you are back!!! sounds like you guys had tons of fun!!! side note, are we meeting for our blogging class tomorrow?
Post a Comment