January 19, 2009

OfF tO sEe ThE wIzArD



It's pretty amazing that a movie originally released in 1939 is still not only relelvant, but adored today. My kids love The Wizard of Oz. Madelyn would watch it a thousand times a day if I let her. When Sonny came home from work last Friday, he opened the door to his wife wearing wiskers and a construction paper mane. A yellow blanket became the yellow brick road, a stuffed dog became Toto... the girls even made their own Munchkin Land with building blocks and small figurines.
An Imagination is a beautiful thing.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, how sweet! I loved this post. Alise loves WOZ, too. I was so happy when she began showing an interest in it because one of my greatest memories is watching it on TV years ago and popping the "real" popcorn with my mom. Cute pic!

Carrie said...

hahaha that's pretty cute. We play kung fu panda all the time, but wizard of oz is so much cuter! Your family full of girls makes me giggle.

Andrea said...

You guys should come to Kansas. They have a museum dedicated the WOZ.

Peterson Family said...

Hi Megan!! I noticed that you visited our ward the other day too! I have been out of town, and JUST checked my blog, it's so GREAT to hear from you!! So glad you left a message, now we can keep in touch (don't you LOVE blogs for that VERY reason?!)! :)

-alissa :)

Caity said...

I just love it Meg! How funny! I love Ally's pink cheeks in that picture! Whoever did the casting did a great job! Adorable!

Campbell Family said...

You guys are so stinkin' cute! Those girls are growing up in a wonderland...so great! You know what...I'm pretty sure that my dad has never seen the Wizard of Oz! Crazy huh! He might want to after seeing you guys:)

RACHEL said...

how fun!!! i used to see shoes like those in target, and they always made me wish i had a girl so i could buy them!!!!

Adria said...

i wish you were my neighbor so we could partake of your fabulous imagination:)

Anonymous said...

"Munchkins" is a good description for our darling granddaughters. It makes you want to eat them up! What a fun world you allow them to live in. The memories will last forever! Thank you for your own fabulous imagination, Megan! We love all of you!
Papa and Nana