June 16, 2007

Man's Best Friend


I'm pretty sure we're going to adopt a dog. Lily (our sweet little Boston Terrier) spends a lot of time outdoors and has TONS of energy. Actually, she spends a lot of time outdoors BECAUSE she has tons of energy! We play with her as often as we can and take her for lots of walks, but still, Sonny and I both think it would be really great for her to have another dog to run around with. The great thing about adopting a dog is that you can usually skip that wild puppy phase since many of the animals looking for homes have already been trained. We have filled out an application and hope to meet our potential pooches this week. Sonny and the girls are ecstatic and, if Lily knew, I'm sure she would be too! I'm not sure if having another dog will make life easier since Lily will have another buddy around to get some of that energy out with or if life will become harder... since Lily will have another buddy around. Any thoughts? We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Caity said...

Way to step up to the plate and adopt a dog! If only my patience were as great as yours.

I say it will help. Just like having a second kid, to play with the first, right? I'd just go witht the one whose best best with kids if I were you.