June 20, 2007

Potty Pooper

Lately, our little Maddie Moo has been showing a lot of interest in the "potty." (How did my baby get so old?!?) That girl is more regular than the changing of the guards so at "about that time" this morning I decided to let her give the potty a try. Sure enough- she totally did it! Oh man, was I elated! We went out for ice cream to celebrate and I bought Maddie this new potty. I thought $35 was a bit steep for a plastic thing to put a tushie on, but this little throne from Fisher Price is AWESOME! It's more of a toy than a potty training tool so Maddie (and Ryen!) can't get enough of it! Madelyn screams like a banshee when I try to get her off that thing and has actually "used" it THREE times now! Oh man, I am loving Fisher Price right now!

I was telling my mom the big news this afternoon and I told her how rad Maddie's little toilette is. I started thinking about it and realized that there are a few things I have discovered for use in the powder room that have made parenting SO much easier. So, I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite finds with you...

This adorable little frog attaches to your shower wall in a jiffy... and stays there! It's so cute, but also really well thought out. There is a storage shelf on top, the bin that holds all of your toys is removable so you can use it as a scoop, and all of the little froggy fingers can be used to hang things. LOVE this!


Ryen HATES having her hair washed. She has always been a total stinker about that. Since I found this little rinse cup, life has improved x1,000 around here! God bless the parent who thought up this little baby!


Johnson's has a whole line of really great toddler products that work (and smell) fantastic! My favorite is the hand soap. Sonny and I even use it in our bathroom! (Also, their Soothing Naturals line of products is scrumptious!)



This is the little fella we got for Madelyn. As I glance into the playroom now, I can see that she is still happily perched upon it, playing with the flusher and dancing to the music. Hour NINE and counting...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I totally thought the bath bucket photo was Ryen.