June 14, 2007

The Things Ryen Says

Ry says the funniest things. Oh my goodness, what she comes up with! She's been telling me whoppers ever since she first learned to speak. I always joke that it was easy to get her to learn to talk, but getting her to be quiet is a whole other story! I try to take notes of the silly things she says and here are a few recent ones...

"I'm a super strong girl and I know I'm good and I know I can do anything. I know I made a mess in the playroom, but it's cool, Mom. It's just a little thing for sake!"

Yesterday, Ryen and Maddie were playing with a puzzle and I could hear them both getting frustrated. Then Ry yelled to me, "Mom! Maddie won't get out of my business! She's up in my business Mom!"

When we were at the store a couple of days ago, Ryen kept sticking her finger in her ear. I finally asked her what she was up to and she replied, "Oh nothing. Just looking for ear boogers."

I don't know if I ever laugh harder than I do when I am listening in on Ryen and Maddie playing together. Ryen is constantly telling Madelyn what to do. I recently wrote down this conversation: "Mads, I seriously need you to behave. I'm serious. I'm going to let you stay up but only if you will promise to be really good. Will you be a good girl Mads? I don't want to put you in time-out, but I think maybe you might need to think about things. If you are naughty, you have to go to your room by yourself because I can't carry you. I have big muscles, but I'm just not a growed-up yet I don't think. So just be good now okay little one?" (It's so funny when she calls Maddie Little One.)

I could make this entire blog about the funny things that come out of Ryen's mouth!

*Madelyn's favorite things to say right now are (appropriately) "I don't have to" and "Love you too!"

3 comments:

Caity said...

Ryen is so cool.

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

oh man i love that girl. Shes hilarious....all because of you. :)

Pam said...

I only wish that I had written down your comments so that you could compare. I know where she gets her drama from.
And Sonny, I do not make that face.