November 6, 2007

The Lickstache


Before


After

Ryen has a serious problem. She has become a lickaholic. No matter how many times we talk to her about not licking her lips, she just can't seem to stop herself. As a result her upper lip has become more red and chapped than I have ever seen anything! Finally, out of shear desperation, we applied the usual Vaseline to her face and then... covered it with a Dora band-aid. She looks beyond goofy, but for the first time in two weeks she hasn't licked her lip. She is going to hate these pictures when she is older.

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Aww...she's cute no matter what is on her face :)

I can relate though. My ever so sweet Macie has a lickstache every single winter. She just can't keep her tongue in her mouth! We've tried the vaseline too. She just keeps sucking & licking. I haven't done the band-aid. She's getting older now, so with luck this might be a lickstache free winter!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

OH! That is so funny! Looks like you've found the right solution! I love how you call it a lickstache! Hilarious!

Pam said...

What a hoot! You should have been here to see and hear the commotion. What a hoot!!!

Adria said...

that is so funny Meaga. You are seriously the smartest mommy I have ever met!

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

haha what a dork.

Lona said...

Every time I check out your blog I end up cracking up with something that Ryen has said or done! She is the funniest kid. I bet you wake up every day and wonder what she is going to do or say next. You, Megan, are a genious, and you are an amazing mom with so much imagination! That picture is a good bribe picture for when she is older! Love you - Lona

Campbell Family said...

You have got to be joking! That is a wedding video picture right there! You guys are so funny...lickstache...so hilarious!

Caity said...

I love that girl! She cracks me up so much. And Meg, you really are the most creative mom EVER!