November 27, 2007

The Great Crash of '07

So we recently suffered a hard drive meltdown of epic proportions. It's amazing how much I have come to rely on my computer. Not having everything right where I put it- a click away- has been so frustrating. It's taking forever, but little by little, all of the photographs, documents, and scrapbooking supplies that could have been lost forever are being returned to me. I would encourage EVERYONE to invest in some hearty back-up for your computers... immediately, if you haven't done it already. We (okay, Sonny) purchased a back-up service plan from Carbonite for $50. It works automatically and there is no limit to how much you can store. If it wasn't for this, I would not have a single photograph after 2003! I feel seriously light-headed just thinking about that. So... in summation... people, I implore you! Back up those hard drives!

5 comments:

Caity said...

Yay! You're back! I missed you! I'm glad for your back-up. I'll look into it!

Carrie said...

That is very good advice. i would be devastated if we lost all our photos. I'll have to think about fixing this situation.

Anonymous said...

Just get a mac and be sure you're running Leopard! Our computer automatically backs up everything once an hour. I LOVE IT! (You do still need an external drive though). Glad you're back :)

Pam said...

Whew! It could have been truly a deplorable situation (it was bad enough as it was). Thank heaven for insights.

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

I'm with you. It's not worth it to take the chance of losing everything. I think I'D have a melt down of epic proportions if something happened to our hard drive. I'm glad you're getting it all back! OK seriously, your blog is adorable! Where the heck do you find all your cut templates!?