November 13, 2008

Reminder


I may not seem like the type, but believe it or not, I am a news junkie. I listen to talk radio and watch the news every day. I check google news every time I get online. Though I usually consider my desire to be informed regarding current events a positive attribute, lately I have begun to reconsider. Why? Because there never seems to be any good news. Angry mobs defacing LDS temples, burning scriptures on church doorsteps, carrying signs that say "Mormon Scum." These are just a few of the things I read about this afternoon. To top it off, my girls are all sick and it has been raining and dreary outside all day. Ugh. This evening I was ready to cash in my life savings for a one way ticket to Tahiti when I happened upon this story accompanied by the above photograph. It was a perfectly timed reminder to look at the big picture. "Good news Megan... God knows what He is doing." Of course I already knew that, but it's nice to be reminded.

2 comments:

Brian and Beth said...

They had a really good story on this subject on NPR's Talk Of The Nation- Science Friday. If you didn't hear it-you would have loved it. National Public Radio is like my best friend because it is the adult who talks to me all day long while I'm running around with kids in the car or running errands. Once when I drove the kids to Disneyland I would cry a little every time NPR went dead in mountain ranges. By the time we met Brian at our hotel I really cried. The kids had Disney movies to watch but I needed some challanging conversasion to keep me sane.

Leanne said...

Wow..that's quite a discovery!