November 24, 2008

Mmmm


I don't like gingerbread cookies. At least, I didn't until we were given a plate of them by a seriously sweet woman in our ward. They were chewy and yummy and awesome! I got the recipe so the girls and I could give them a try. Mmmm. Even I didn't mess them up! I've never shared a recipe in my life, but this one is definitely worth passing along. (Click on the image above if you need to enlarge it.) Also, I recently discovered this pan and HIGHLY recommend it. Each year I get so frustrated making sugar cookies with my kids because they get ruined when we try to get them from the counter to the pan. Never again! It is going to be a totally fun holiday season at our house. I can just feel it.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Hastings!!
I am so glad that you found me. :)

Megan, I have to say that I am in total awe of your blog. Your talent and creativity is so inspiring. I have attempted some digital scrapbooking, but could definitely take some lessons from you. And your photography skills are amazing.

Your girls are absolutely beautiful and they look like they really keep you happily busy.

I hope all is well. It was great to hear from you guys.

Anonymous said...

SOunds great...I will have to give them a try myself!!! What cute little cookie helpers...where can I get me some of those?

Brian and Beth said...

You are such an awesome mom! I love that chef's hat! That looks like the COOLEST cookie pan. I'l have to get one.

RACHEL said...

those are the cutest girls!!! i can't wait for you to take pictures of my kids, i think now that my blog is set up photography lessons are next!! :)

Jill Ison said...

thanks for thinking I'm awesome. We could totally hang out. Ok I love love love ginger snaps but only if they're homemade! I am going to try that recipe. I have a really good recipe I came across last year that is good too, it uses chopped up crystallized ginger... way chewy and addicting! bagged gingersnaps, just gross! Love how you dress your kids up for fun activities. so cute.

Caity said...

Oh man, I wish I could try those! I'm dying to do some baking but, alas, it'll have to wait. I'll remember to get this recipe next year though!

Anonymous said...

Sonny and Megan,
Fortunately Sandi was right here to show me how I could comment. So sorry I haven't done this before. Every time we look at your blog we marvel at the "wonder of it". Megan, you have a gift, no doubt about it. We love seeing the updates of the girls - each and every one. You make them all feel so special. We are anxious to know about your Thanksgiving plans and hope you have a wonderful one. Aren't you so grateful it is this year and not last and that you have Ally, the result of your efforts to be thankful for. We are so thankful for all of you and the rest of our outstanding family. Please know of our love and appreciation for your great lives!
Love,
Dave and Norma, Papa & Nana