
I'm a little behind in my blogging. I should have posted this two weeks ago! Oh well. Better late than never. :)
Ryen was Star of the Week at school. To most kindergarteners that is a big deal, but to Ryen it was an ENORMOUS deal! She has been waiting for this since the first day of school. When she found out the Friday before that it was going to be HER week, she acted like she had won the lottery! She is so funny. I did everything I could to make it special for her. She brought in lots of pictures and shared her favorite things with the class. She showed them her teddy bear, Hobbes, who was given to Ry at placement by her birth-aunt. (She loves that bear, Adria!) She also brought in some of her favorite books and the infamous Yellow Blanket. I got giant chocolate chip cookies for her class since that is Ryen's favorite (along with chocolate ice cream). She was a celebrity and loved every single minute of it. I asked Ryen if she wanted to share her adoption with her class and she didn't hesitate for even a moment. Her words were touching and simple. I am so proud of her. She was a star for one week at school, but she'll always be my star!


No comments:
Post a Comment