August 4, 2009

Can I have your watch when you are dead?



I found the most fabulously won-der-ful thrift store on the planet! It's in this weird part of town in a building that used to be a Walgreens. I have only ever seen reeeeally old people there. I'm not sure what that means. BUT...they have the most awesome prices and coolest items I have ever seen in a thrift store. It's all really old stuff. Not the usual junk you'd find at an icky garage sale, but RAD stuff you'd find in your grandmother's attic...if your grandmother was awesome! I found the coolest tin boxes for 49 cents, an ancient black suitcase for 2 dollars (which is going to be soooo cool as a photo prop!), and gobs of super old books that I would marry if I could marry inanimate objects. I also found a collection of really old records that cost 5 dollars and is so neat! They are very, very old and I can't wait to find out more about them! I was so excited today. My only worry is that this really fabulous thrift store somehow gets their things mainly from people who have "passed on." Is that weird? It makes me feel kind of bad. But, hopefully they will be happy knowing that the belongings they left behind are being utterly treasured by Yours Truly. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

6 comments:

Caity said...

If anyone can find a good bargain, it's you Meg! The stuff really is cool and you have me itching to go sometime.

RACHEL said...

ha ha that is too funny!!! you crack me up!

Carrie said...

Oh man, I don't care where it came from, that's awesome! That little mint box would be so perfect to hold bobby pins.

Tifani said...

Wow...that is just awesome! I am really in need of a good thrift store around here. I really don't know what to do with Saturday's anymore. I totally feel the same way about old books....totally priceless!

Jill Ison said...

cute title. as you can probably tell im catching up on your blog. ive beena bad blog friend not just to you but to everyone. i too love thrift and antique stores. old stuff is awesome. im doing all my christmas shopping at thrift stores this year and i could be more excited about it!

Jill Ison said...

i mean i couldn't be more excited about it :)

oopsies!