August 26, 2009

We don't believe in beds.


...At least, our kids don't. Ever since Ryen was a baby, she was hopping out of her crib and setting up camp in the strangest places. Under tables, bookshelves, chairs, and beds. In closets, hallways, bathrooms, and boxes. In beds? Nooooo. In the last five years, I can count on one hand the number of times I have entered Ryen's room to discover her (gasp!) sleeping soundly in her actual bed. Madelyn usually follows suit. Why? I don't know. It's another Mom Mystery that I may never know the answer to. Sigh.

5 comments:

RACHEL said...

your kids are so cool, you always have fun stories to tell!

Tricia said...

What a precious picture. Savannah did that for a while when she was transitioning from crib to bed, but she eventually outgrew it. Your family is so cute.

Lisa said...

It's funny how they can sleep anywhere in.
This is all too familiar with me. just not nearly as bad. We have found the kids asleep in strange places.

Charlie and Tina said...

my kids are exactly the same way... they all have beds but where do they sleep. In the floor in their rooms, the hall, kitchen or livingroom. why do we even waste the money.

Leanne said...

Tooooo cute! I find Brycen and Molly in our computer chair occassionally. Also Brycen was at the Fuller's house (from church) and Leslie found him asleep at one of their desks with his head on the table. Kids will be kids. I love it.